10 December 2006

My Kids and Wicca

gdtownshende said...
You know, I've been curious about this, but haven't asked before. What do the kids think of your becoming Wiccan? Do they think it weird? Are they expecting warts to sprout on your nose any day now? Do they not care? Are they wanting their own brooms to ride on? Do they want to go to Hogwarts now? :P


Seriously, though, (all kidding aside) I'm just curious.

They all have mixed feelings about it, but for the most part they're cool with it. Braden calls me "evil weirdo midget witch", to which I always answer, "But I'm not evil!" Malorie wants to learn more about it and has read a few of the books in my collection. Unfortunately she has a bad habit of telling her friends about her mum being a "witch", which has the side effect of turning me into a side show freak! She tends to associate Wicca with the TV show "Charmed" though.

Ricky hasn't said much about it. He's curious but hasn't made any comment. Jack, on the other hand, is absolutely fascinated by it! Last Monday I set up my altar for a Yule ceremony, and he wanted to stay and watch! I bought a few broomsticks actually, and Jack is determined that he's going to have one of them! I've tried to explain that they aren't for riding on but for ceremonial cleansing (like when I blessed my new house, I used one to "sweep" the bad energy out of the house), and I think he understands.

Hey, if anyone gets to go to Hogwarts, it should be me!

3 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Well, this is weird. :/ The comment thing is working now. I don't understand what's up, unless it's got to do with the browser, since I'm now using a different one. That said, I think I'll post here what I emailed to you:

Well, well, my Hogwarts-bound-wanna-be-Wiccan-friend, that was a very interesting post. :D

And the kids' reactions are not surprising, either. Simple curiosity, minus any judgementalism, which strikes me as a good thing.

Does Jack want to attempt to ride your broomsticks? LOL

I like the 'evil weirdo midget witch' comment! LOL :P You know, as Sara and I always say whenever the word 'evil' is used in reference to either of us, 'it's evil in a good way, not a bad way'. :P :D LOL

11:53 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Well, it appears that I may have to abandon a browser that I really rather like. Damn. :/

11:56 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

And another thing! :P

I think I know what was happening. I think it was a combination of an old browser and the fact that you, SJ, and Paola have converted over to Blogger's new beta format. This thick-headed man just figured that out. :P LOL

Time for bed! @.@ TTFN!

3:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home