08 December 2006

Quietness ...

It's about to get very quiet around here! Malorie and Braden are off to Texas tomorrow. I have a feeling that Malorie isn't planning on coming back. She's been giving her things that she can't take to Ricky and Jack, like her precious CD player. She might change her mind once she's lived with her dad for a while, but he spoils her so much, and they're so much alike, that she may decide it's better to be his carer than to come back to England and get a real job!

People probably think I'm a cold hearted bitch because I don't appear to be very upset about it. The thing is, I've learned to take things one day at a time. She has to do what's best for her, and me going into hysterics about it won't do anyone any good. My god, I'm such a different person to what I was like a year ago!

Ricky and Jack are still here, so it won't be quiet all the time. I've even been invited to spend Christmas Eve night at their house. Well, that's mostly because Richard and Donna are going out, but they know that it will mean a lot to me to be there to see the boys on Christmas morning. They invited me to have Christmas dinner with them months ago!

I might just manage to get some decorating done on the house. It's so disorganised that I take one look at the mess, groan, and try not to look again. With the kids gone, I can tackle it properly. That's the plan anyway.

I've also got my job to concentrate on. I knew that, eventually, I might get bored with it because it's not very challenging, but I didn't expect it to happen this soon! It's money coming in though, so I'm not saying I'm bored so I'm going to give up on it. They haven't put me on the phones yet taking new claims, and that should liven it up a bit, at least from what I've heard when my co-workers take calls! I've been making calls to solicitors, insurance companies and garages, which isn't thrilling unless I get to argue with them, and I think I'm just too nice because no one has argued with me yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home